Sunday, August 30, 2009

Already...eight days down!

Wow! Time really should slow down! Since it will not, then I am estactic to be participant in a digital classroom.

I posted here at Treasure Chest of Thoughts my summary thus far of living in a nearly paperless world.

My immediate concern right now is my air conditioner: need to learn how to reset the default from seventy degrees, for with these new units, this temperature feels much closer to sixty! Plus, this is just a waste of monetary resources.

The built-in's for my journalism computers are partially here. These should be completed this week, which is working out fine since the yearbook staff is selling business ads for one more week and the newspaper staff is using the mini's to draft articles for the online newspaper.

Speaking of newspaper: I need to chat with the tech persons to determine if posting our online newspaper on the school website is an option or maybe we should just link to the one we have created via a Wordpress account? Right now while so many changes are occurring? Think I will opt for current situation.

A final thought: I am spending less time in class "teaching" because I am spending more time out of class creating blog posts and links for the students to access to meet our daily goals via online access. To be repetitive...time does fly in class. Wow! Please don't tell that May is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment