Thursday, August 6, 2009

Checkin' that Checklist!

Today a friend took me to lunch...to get me out of the house! I can again drive on Monday (surgery can ground a person!).

While out, I asked to stop at some local furniture stores to browse and attempt to purchase a few items for my classroom...after all, school does start in less than two weeks!

Let me digress...before browsing and eating lunch, we stopped by school to pick up my inspiration pillow and to peruse my room. Let me just say: I, for one, still believe in miracles!

Room checklist of "to-do's" from Gillmore's perspective:
  1. Install lighting.
  2. Install ceiling tiles.
  3. Install flooring.
  4. Install tech tools.
  5. Where, oh, where are the new desks?
  6. Move in other furniture.
  7. Decorate.

As I stated earlier, I still believe in miracles!

With inspiration pillow in hand, we began shopping! And shop we did!

Gillmore's List of Purchases for Room 16:

  • 2 chairs
  • 2 tables
  • 2 lamps
  • 2 pillows
  • 3 framed pictures

NOW, I am ready to get into my room.

Okay, Classroom Redesign teammates, I ask you: who amongst you has prayed for patience lately? For patience comes by trials and tribulations...as in having to wait to get into our rooms to play and decorate and plan for 2009-2010!

No, it wasn't I!

No comments:

Post a Comment